About the Application Process
Complete applications received prior to the deadline will be reviewed by Human Resources and managers of the specific divisions. Based on information provided in the profile, cover letter and resume, a short list will be selected for an interview. The interview will be scheduled and include a Human Resource professional as well as the relevant manager and other appropriate personnel as required. After receiving the required approvals, the successful candidate will receive a letter of offer. Depending upon position, a criminal record check may also be required. To apply for a position or build a profile click on Careers Sign In on the SCIC Careers page.
Submitting a Resume
- All applications for competitions should include a cover letter and resume.
- All applications must be received through the online tool.
- All resumes and related materials should be submitted in English or French.
- Your resume should reflect your educational background, work experience and additional information; including two to three references, awards, published articles and any other accomplishment.
Preparing for the Interview
- Familiarize yourself with SCIC and be able to explain why you applied for a position.
- Ensure you can substantiate information you have included in your cover letter and resumé.
- SCIC follows a behavioural interview format. In order to be successful in this type of interview, you must be able to describe a situation, what you did, how people around you reacted and what the outcome of the situation was.